Sunday, February 20, 2011

My sexy double layered Chocolate Pudding

My daughter and I shared a really nice chocolate pudding at Pret The Manger in London. The experience inspired me to search for a recipe for chocolate pudding when I got home. Finally came up with this sexy double layered Chocolate Pudding which I could eat all day long if no one stops me...

1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoon cornstarch
2 cups milk
1 egg
1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips(put in less if you do not like it too bitter)

 In a pan mix the cocoa powder,sugar, corn starch and whisk in the milk. Simmer over medium heat until the mixture thickens. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg. Put in a  spoonfull of the hot chocolate mixture into the eggs to temper it. Mix quickly. Then add the egg mixture to the rest of the chocolate mixture. Mix in the chocolate chips and pour into individual glass.

The top layer is really the same pudding but with more cream. So to make the top layer simply repeat the recipe but this time add 2 1/2 cup milk and delete the chocolate chips. Pour over the first layer. Serve the pudding chilled and topped  with whipped cream if you like... :)) EASY PIZZY!!


No comments:

Post a Comment